Everyone always wants the walls of their home to look fresh. It is also not logical to paint them frequently. Therefore, safeguarding your paints is the only way to make them seem new and raw always. Even if you try hard to make your wall safe from stains, scratches, blemishes, etc. you cannot completely avoid damage in the long run. Leaning furniture on the walls, kids drawing over them, etc. Although these create memories, the damage that comes along with them is not avoidable. It is essential to be aware of some solutions that can help you to safeguard the wall paints and make them look fresh always.
- Waterproofing- One of the most important pre-painting steps is to waterproof the walls and ceilings. The damage that water can cause to the walls is intense which makes it vital to use good quality waterproofing products for your home. If you live on the top floor then there are high chances that the terrace water might damage the beautiful ceilings. To avoid this, you must browse terrace waterproofing cost and go for the best deal to protect your home from the unwanted water that leads to damage.
- Try Cleaning your walls frequently- If you do not have the walls of your home painted with waterproof color then always use a damp cloth to clean the dirty wall as a moist cloth will further damage the wall. If you want to wash the walls frequently then you must always prefer getting the walls painted using washable paints. It is recommended to clean a patch of the wall to observe how the paint reacts with your cleaning method. Depending on the results you should decide whether you’ll clean the entire wall or not using that specific cleaning method.
- Get the walls prepped- Make sure that you create a smooth surface for the paints to blend in well with the base. Fill up the holes with a good primer to create an even base. Always remember to dry the primer by keeping it untouched before starting to paint the walls. To ensure that your prepped wall is protected from corrosion and any water damage you should use a product like dr fixit pidicrete urp that ensures durability, permeability, etc. When the walls are prepared well, the walls will look smooth and flawless.
- Save the walls from extreme sunlight- If the walls are continuously exposed to extreme sunlight then the wall paint will fade away in a short duration. To prevent this, you should prefer buying paints that do not get damaged due to exposure to UV rays. Another simple method to protect the walls if you do not want to invest in UV-resistant paints is to cover the windows of your house with film or curtains wherever possible. This simple method will ensure that the walls do not come directly in contact with the sun rays hence, preventing the wall paint from fading away.
- Choose walls color logically and place the furniture wisely- If the climate of the region where you stay is dry then there are higher chances of dust settlement on the walls. In such a case you should opt for darker shades of the wall color. On the other hand, if the climatic condition surrounding your home is generally humid then lighter shades will work well. However, while selecting the shades do not forget to keep in mind other factors like the size of the room, availability of natural light, etc. Added to that, try to minimize direct contact of furniture and wall as it will prevent the scratches and marks caused due to leaning furniture on the wall.