Tanzania is a country rich in culture, history and natural beauty. Zanzibar is the main island of Tanzania and also known as the “glamour island” because of its white sand beaches, crystalline blue water, captivating architecture and friendly people. Let’s talk about how you can make your next trip to Zanzibar a great one!
Zanzibar: What to do and What Not to Do
If you’re looking for an exotic holiday, Zanzibar excursions is definitely the place to go. With its dramatic landscape and colourful culture, it’s a great place to explore on your own or as part of a group tour. However, there are a few things to avoid if you want to stay safe and healthy while in Zanzibar. Here are five tips:
Read also: sedordle
- Don’t drink the water: While the water on Zanzibar is certainly beautiful, it’s not safe to drink. The water can be full of bacteria and parasites, which can make you sick if ingested. Stick to bottled water instead.
- Avoid biting mosquitoes: Mosquitoes are one of the main dangers on Zanzibar and should be avoided at all costs. Bite wounds can become infected and are very painful, so use insect repellent liberally and take measures to keep yourself covered up when outdoors.
- Be cautious with food: Make sure to only eat food that has been cooked properly and avoid any raw meat or seafood as they may contain parasites or bacteria that can make you sick.
- Beware of pickpockets: In addition to being dangerous animals, pickpockets are also common in tourist areas such as Stone Town in Zanzibar City. Keep your belongings close at all times and watch out for anyone who seems shifty or is acting oddly suspiciously .
- Don’t leave your belongings unguarded: Make sure to keep your passport, money, and other important items safe and tucked away out of sight while in Stone Town or any other tourist areas.
Tanzania Excursions: Highlights of the Safaris
If you are looking for a truly African holiday, you should consider spending your time in Tanzania. This East African country is filled with natural beauty and history, making it an ideal place to explore on safari. Here are some of the highlights of the best Tanzania safaris:
- Drive through the Serengeti National Park.
This vast wildlife reserve is home to some of the most iconic animals in Africa, including lions, elephants, and rhinos. You can experience all of these creatures up close while on a safari in this park.
- Visit Lake Manyara National Park.
Lake Manyara is one of Tanzania’s most popular parks because of its wonderful scenery. You’ll find yourself surrounded by soaring hills and crystal clear waters while on your safari here.
- Spend time on the beaches of Zanzibar Island.
One of the island’s main attractions is its beautiful beaches, which are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and snorkelling. The coral reefs off the coast are also an attraction for divers and snorkelers alike.
Best Day Trips from Zanzibar
If you’re looking for a great way to spend a Tanzanian holiday, consider spending a day Zanzibar tours. The island is home to dazzling coral reefs, lush rainforests, and some of the best beaches in Africa – all within easy reach of the capital city of Dar es Salaam. Here are some of our favorite day trips from Zanzibar:
- Mt Kilimanjaro: This iconic mountain is one of the most popular destinations in East Africa, and for good reason. Getting up close and personal with the Half Dome, Uhuru Peak, and other peaks is an experience not to be missed.
- Stone Town: Home to centuries-old buildings and winding streets lined with stalls selling souvenirs, Stone Town is a must-see on any trip to Zanzibar.
- Pemba Island: With its white-sand beaches and clear ocean waters, Pemba Island is one of the most idyllic places in Tanzania. It’s also home to a number of charming villages and stunning coral reefs.
- Mtwara National Park: This park is known for its Serengeti-like landscapes, abundant wildlife including lions, elephants, leopards, hippos, and more than 300 species of birds. It’s also home to Lake Manyara National Park – another top attraction on Zanzibar that’s well worth visiting if you have time available while in the island.
- Zanzibar Coast: This is where all of the action is on Zanzibar – from world-renowned resorts like Amanjaya and Pemba Lighthouse to charming villages like Ngumba and Mafia. There’s always something happening here, making it a great place to spend a day or two exploring.
Should I Take a Safari from Zanzibar?
If you’re looking for a wild, safari-style adventure, consider a trip to Zanzibar. With over 1,000 miles of coastline and myriad islands to explore, this is the perfect spot to take in some of Tanzania’s natural beauty. The mainland offers plenty of activities as well – from exploring colonial towns to hiking through lush forests. So whether you’re in the mood for an all-encompassing vacation or just want to experience a little bit of Tanzania’s culture and history, Zanzibar is the perfect destination.