The Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) organizes an annual recruitment exam for positions like Upper Divisional Clerk, Multi Tasking Officer, and Stenographer.
In the selection process for ESIC MTS posts, there are two levels of written tests.
Phase – I Preliminary Examination
Phase – II Main Examination
The ESIC MTS exam is a national-level examination. Cracking the written examinations for both the Prelims and Mains requires a rigorous preparation strategy and a solid understanding of the topics.
On that note, let’s discuss a few important strategies and tips that will guide you to prepare for the ESIC MTS exam effectively with ease.
ESIC MTS 2022 Preparation Strategy
Preparation Strategy for English Comprehension
To ace the English section, concentrate on your reading and comprehension skills. Make reading a habit, to begin with. This will help you in a variety of ways, including increasing your reading speed and comprehension and dramatically expanding your vocabulary. Grammar and sentence patterns will also become second nature to you. It is possible to read the editorial parts of newspapers like The Hindu, The Economist, The Indian Express, and others.
Second, you must learn grammar and vocabulary in order to ace the English section. Make learning new words, their definitions, and how to apply them in sentences a habit. Grammar comes particularly handy when dealing with questions based on topics like error spotting, fill in the blanks, cloze tests, and so on. As a result, if you wish to do well in the English section, you must study the grammatical rules thoroughly.
Preparation Strategy for Quantitative Aptitude
Percentages and averages, time and work, profit and loss, and other ideas should be known to you. You’ll need a fast calculating speed to tackle a respectable amount of questions. You’ll need to learn tables up to 30, as well as natural numbers Squares and Cubes. Practice concepts like Simplification, Algebraic Equations, and Number Series to improve your computation speed. Data interpretation is another important part of the Quantitative Aptitude section. As the name implies, you’ll have to analyze data (in the form of tables, graphs, pie charts, or texts) and respond to questions as prompted. To build experience in this part, start with the fundamentals and work your way up to high-level DI.
Preparation Strategy for Reasoning Ability
Syllogisms, blood connections, coding-decoding, and arrangement-based reasoning are just a few of the topics covered by reasoning ability. Before moving on to developing methods and shortcuts for specific question types, be sure you understand the underlying concepts of these areas. It is recommended that you practice as many questions as possible. After you’ve mastered the core concepts, move on to timed practice. Gradually increase the difficulty level of the questions you attempt to ace the section.
General Tips to Keep in Mind While ESIC MTS Preparation
- Regularly reading newspapers will keep you up to date on the latest Current Affairs.
- Attempt regular section-wise, topic-wise and full-length mock tests to help you with your preparation.
- You can refer to online resources such as online coaching, notes, and quizzes which are professionally curated by specialists and cover a variety of topics.
- Finally, familiarise yourself with the exam’s level and pattern by analyzing historical years’ question papers. By going through the algebra questions asked in the previous years’ ESIC MTS papers, you will realize no questions on vector algebra concepts like Scalar Triple Product and Cross Product are asked in the exam.
- Keep the points listed above in mind as you design your study program for ESIC MTS 2022. To strengthen your weakest areas, you must exercise them regularly and diligently.