Reusable bags can be of many fabrics like cotton, jute, muslin etc, which are washable as well as recyclable. Each material carries its own merits and demerits, so the best material for reusable mesh bags is the one which is easily available and can easily be recycled after use. The bags used by people must be useful for their surroundings and eco-friendly as well. For instance, plastic is a health hazard material that is widely used in making carry bags. We should switch over to mesh vegetable bags to save the earth planet.
How to pick the best bag?
So, how do you pick and choose the best reusable bag for your needs? There are diverse materials options to help with your decision. You may also want to look at if the reusable bags are washable as well. Now and then, the best reusable grocery bags are those for which you don’t have to spend extra time for cleaning. Any reusable bag is additionally environment friendly than the other single-use plastic bags. High-quality reusable bags are recurrently superior for the environment in more ways than one.
Do cotton bags come in variations?
Cotton bags move towards many deviations. Mesh bag producing companies offer traditional cotton, organic cotton and recycled cotton reusable bags. Organic cotton is grown without pesticides and is classically certified using universal standards. Traditional Cotton production involves raw, natural fibre, but requires more chemicals than any other crop. Note that cotton comes in dissimilar weights that are particular in ounces. Cotton sacking reusable bags are usually 10 to 12 ounces, but lighter ones weigh about 5 to 8 ounces. Cotton is a textile that is repeatedly regarded best for reusable mesh produce bags because of many rewards:
- Biodegradable/Natural plant fibre
- Renewable natural resource
- Well-built, non-resistant and sturdy
- Soft, velvety and pleasurable to the handle
- Broadly available all through the world
- Machine washable and easily dried in air
- Less shrinkage to save the long life of the cotton print
- Cotton can be blended with other recycled materials to make extremely enviable fabric for making mesh vegetable bags. These blended bags can be a little expensive.
What are the other materials for reusable bags?
Jute is another natural plant fibre. Canvas is also used for the preparation of reusable mesh bags. Its durability is also the same as a cotton bag, this can be used to carry heavy loads and also has many merits:
- Jute is biodegradable and compostable as well.
- It is another natural renewable resource.
- Jute normally grows in high rainfall and requires no pesticides and easily available fibre to make mesh vegetable bags.
- Jute can also blend with other renewable materials to give a beautiful look to the bag.
Bags made of polypropylene are regarded as the best reusable grocery bags. It is a form of plastic and a flexible resin polymer. Many production companies of the bag offer polypropylene bags overseas and in large quantities for several reasons:
- Incredibly strong and recyclable.
- Most prominent is that these are chemical resistant.
- It may be woven, making it less absorbent and easier to swab clean.
- A wide variety of color options is available.
- Polypropylene reusable mesh bags are inflexible printing options. These can be screen printed, printed in full color, gloss or can be a matte finish.
Nylon is a synthetic polymer initially made to substitute silk in fabrics. It is another fibre to give a fashionable look to reusable bags. This also has numerous benefits:
- Nylon bags are tough and hard-wearing.
- Bags of this material are frivolous.
- Due to having a very soft material, this bag can be compacted easily in a pouch. Moreover, it can be carried in a pocket, backpack or car cup holder.
- This can be prepared with screen printing of vibrant colors.
Polyester is a polymer naturally made from polyethene terephthalate (PET), the identical material used in manufacturing of bottles. The fantastic thing is that polyester can be recycled through reheating, thereby can be converted back into polymer fibres for further use. Mesh vegetable bags made of polyester have pros:
- Material is versatile by nature.
- Polyester fibre is water-resistant and thus the bags are resistant to crinkling.
- Compatibility and carrying out is an easy process.
- These bags help to reduce waste and keep oil and non-renewable resources.
- Reusable mesh bags made from recycled PET make a market for post-consumer recycled materials.
- Requires around one-third of energy to manufacture bags made out of PET.
- Can be blended with other fabric to make nice material for reusable bags.
- Several blends can be printed with a complete color warmth transfer.
- Recycled PET can also be laminated and printed with beautiful color graphics.
To conclude, there are diverse kinds of reusable bags in the market. Some are heavy duty and made for canned goods while others are thinner and made for daily shopping products. You need to check your requirements before choosing the right choice for you.