Key Features and Benefits of QR Code Payments
Using a digital payment system is becoming an integral part of the day-to-day routine. Due to the pandemic, most stores have started to accept payments via digital channels. Out of all these channels, the one payment method that became widely popular is the scan and pay via QR codes. It allowed customers to make cashless payments in a hassle-free and safe manner. We can now see QR codes in all kinds of stores like dairy, medical, stationery, supermarkets, and more.
Why is scan and pay technology gaining popularity?
Scan and pay are facilitated by QR codes which come with several added benefits, such as:
- QR codes are very simple to create, and users do not require any additional equipment to make purchases using QR codes. All that you need to make payments via QR codes is a smartphone with a camera.
- Further, sharing the mobile number or billers’ code could result in fraud, but using QR codes can eliminate the possibility of fraud.
- Another important reason this digital payment system is gaining popularity is the mass acceptance of such UPI payment, which is one of the best methods for social distancing. Customers and merchants can use this payment method without entering in close proximity.
Specific Characteristics of QR Codes
There are a variety of barcodes that are two-dimensional or one-dimensional, many of which are quite similar. The QR code, on the other hand, is one of the two-dimensional designs. It happens to be one of the most commonly used codes for scanning with smartphones.
The QR code is distinguished by its three small squares of varying sizes positioned on the upper and lower-left corner and the higher right corner. The entire code is an elongated shape composed of a pattern of tiny squares.
Furthermore, QR codes have the following key features:
- It can store a huge amount of information.
- It is possible to scan it from the screen or paper.
- It is possible to read the code even if a portion has been damaged.
- It’s safer as information can be secured.
How do QR codes Work?
Unlike the linear barcodes, which are only read with laser barcode scanners printed on paper and screens, QR codes are scanned using both screens and paper. This is why you can see QR codes on some websites and apps.
iPhones or Android phones can read QR codes right through the camera’s main application, provided that you are running the most recent iOS or Android software. Open the camera app and direct it to the QR code. It will instantly recognize it and then display an alert that requires you to tap on it to complete the required procedure.
The Benefits of QR code Payments
Making QR code payments is incredibly simple. In addition, there isn’t any additional cost for infrastructure or overhead for setting up a QR code. They can be printed on paper and then utilized for scanning or payment.
Reduced overhead costs
The merchant doesn’t have to purchase any third-party hardware like the POS device for accepting payments. While POS can be priced lower than physical POS machines, there are still costs associated with buying, maintenance, and training. When compared to the QR payment, acceptance is considered an entire turnover since it only requires scanning a QR code, either printed on paper or screen. It’s an easily accessible solution and makes it less necessary to enter any transaction-related data, making it a simple solution.
Secured online payment
Utilizing QR codes for online transactions is highly safe because QR codes are not merely an instrument used to transfer information. The data transferred using QR codes are protected. As a result, UPI payments reduce security breaches and data loss.
QR code transactions are a reliable payment method since it removes the possibility of any mistake. The pattern of the black boxes is made up of unique data that enhances the trustworthiness of QR code payments.
Payments on the spot
QR codes not only facilitate quick payments but also make online payments extremely speedy in comparison to other methods. Customers need to launch the QR code application, scan the code and then pay. After you confirm the payment process, the payment is made in just a few minutes.
What can merchants do to accept QR Codes for Payments?
Merchants can accept online payments through QR codes by establishing acceptance or service with payment providers that provide processing solutions via mobile apps.
For websites, retailers can accept QR-enabled payments so long as the payment gateway is compatible with QR code applications.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to begin accepting QR codes for payments quickly:
- Sign up on payment gateways like Zaakpay & activate your account
- Verify bank account for payouts
- Choose the suitable payment solution that fits your needs
- Integrate – Connect your website/apps with the payment gateway
- Get merchant id and secret key
- Generate QR code
- Do a test transaction
- Go live and process payments from your customers
- Get the payments reflected in your bank account
You can access online payments made using QR codes everywhere, no matter the business size. For street sellers, this aids in reducing overhead costs. In other instances, most QR applications provide insight analysis, data, and more features that can be beneficial from a business perspective. You can find user-friendly payment gateway platforms like Zaakpay, which are designed to handle payments of businesses of all kinds. The user-friendly interface also makes it simple to accept online QR code payments and monitor transactions.