How Long Do Whitening Teeth Last?
Teeth whitening is also known as teeth bleaching. It is the process of lightening the color of the teeth. It is done when the color of the teeth turns yellow over some time. This can be because of several reasons and can be attained by changing the extrinsic and intrinsic color of the tooth enamel.
There are different types of teeth whitening methods. How long the teeth whitening can last can depend on several factors like the methods used for teeth whitening, lifestyle, diet, and how well you take care of your teeth. However, Teeth Whitening Services Scottsdale
Can provide a general idea about how long the various methods will last. By this, a rational decision can be made about which one is right for you.
How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last?
Teeth whitening can unexpectedly brighten a smile. This is a fast and affordable method. Scottsdale Dentist will enhance your smile. It will help you to get relief against the stains caused by coffee, wine, smoking, soft drinks, and other foods. The most famous methods of teeth whitening are –
- Teeth whitening toothpaste – Teeth whitening toothpaste polishes and whitens the teeth. It contains ingredients like carbamide peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, and mild abrasives. When we use this daily, it helps in achieving results in 2 to 6 weeks. If you continue using the whitening toothpaste, it can last for 3 to 4 months or longer.
The long-term use of teeth whitening toothpaste can cause problems like tooth sensitivity, and thin tooth enamel. If you want to continue the whitening toothpaste then try to alternate it with the toothpaste that will strengthen and protect the tooth enamel. It is better to consult your doctor if you have any discomfort, pain, or negative side effects.
- Over-the-counter whitening strips – The most popular teeth whitening method is over-the-counter whitening strips. Dentist Scottsdale can help you look great. This is a very affordable option to whiten teeth. The strips are made up of hydrogen peroxide, which breaks down over time. In a few weeks, the effects of the strips will fade over gradually. The results can be expected to be seen in around 4 to 6 weeks. It also depends on the type of product you are using and the patient’s dental situation. This will not give you long-lasting lasting results. It is better to consult a professional teeth whitening dentist.
- Bentonite Clay – When using Bentonite clay as toothpaste, it is an amazing detoxifier and remineralizer that can be used in toothpaste to support oral health. It helps remove toxins, improves digestion and can reduce bad breath. Bentonite has a high cation exchange capacity, which means it can attract positively charged minerals like magnesium, sodium and potassium.
- Whitening mouthwash – whitening mouthwashes comprise hydrogen peroxide and other bleaching agents. The teeth appear whiter and brighter with the agents that break down the stains on the teeth. These are not long-lasting whitening of teeth as they are temporary. They can last for around 24 hours after the mouthwash. This needs to be used regularly if you want to have a whiter and brighter smile. When this is used with other whitening treatments, it helps in keeping for a long time.
- Teeth whitening trays – without the help of the dentist, you can use the teeth whitening trays. This will make you smile even brighter. It will last depending on certain factors like how long you wear the trays, the type of whitening gel used, how strong hydrogen peroxide is, and the aftercare treatment of the teeth whitening.
When the whitening trays are used at home, they can last for 4 to 6 months. If the peroxide gel is stronger, it can last for around one year. The use of less powerful whitening gel or not taking proper care of the teeth after the treatment, may not last long. Using gentle toothpaste and avoiding food and drinks which can stain the teeth for 48 hours after the treatment can benefit the patient.
The cosmetic dentist can also provide you with teeth whitening trays for home. The trays used here are custom-made. Teeth Whitening Scottsdale
Provides trays that are more comfortable and effective. The dentist will guide you with the trays like how long you have to wear them and how often you have to wear them for the best results.
- Professional teeth whitening – professional teeth whitening is the best way to have long-lasting lasting results as compared with all of the above methods. It can last for around 3 years and above if dealt with proper care.
In this treatment procedure, the cosmetic dentist will apply bleaching gel to the teeth and also use a special light for the gel to get activated. It takes one hour and so for the procedure to complete. The dentist will also give some instructions on how to take care of the teeth after the treatment. These instructions may be like the normal instructions like staying away from the food and drinks which can stain your teeth. The dentist will also give you a custom-made mouthguard for you to take home for the best results.
Teeth whitening products are available in a wide range of in-office and at-home procedures. Some products can last long while others can last for a few days, weeks, and months. Teeth Whitening Dentist Scottsdale can suggest which treatment is the best for your teeth.