Everyone is a big believer that the best gifts are the ones you make yourself, but sometimes you just want to give someone the gift of ease. If your family member or friend is gluten-free, consider these easy and affordable ideas for gluten free gifts as Valentine’s Day presents:
Personalized Cookies, Cakes, Etc.
If you know someone who has a gluten intolerance, consider giving them homemade cookies or cakes for Valentine’s Day. The only thing is you’ll need to make sure that the baker uses gluten-free ingredients and is trained in making gluten-free products. Also, check out their reviews online and ask for samples of what they can do before ordering from them. And if you’re feeling fancy (or flaky), ask if they can make a custom design for your friend’s cookies!
Gift Cards to Gluten Free Restaurants
Gift cards are a great gift for anyone, and they can be used to purchase anything from a restaurant, coffee shop, or store. So, in addition to the fact that they’re easy-peasy to make—all you have to do is buy the gift card and wrap it in some prettiness!—they’re also super thoughtful because you know exactly what your recipient wants.
If you want an even more personal touch than a run-of-the-mill gift card, consider making one for his or her favorite gluten-free restaurant.
Valentine’s Day Dinner Ingredients
If you’re looking for a fun and easy gift, consider a basket of gluten-free ingredients. The recipient will get all the ingredients they need to prepare their meal, from the base (flour) to the sides (mashed potatoes) to the dessert (brownies). These can be purchased at any big box store or made by you with your own special touch.
If you’re interested in making this gift basket yourself, here are some examples of what it could contain:
● flour mix
● corn starch mix
● sweet rice mix
● potato flakes/flour/starch mixtures for gravy
● corn meal for crusts/breading
● rice flour for coating game meats and chicken breasts before pan-frying them in oil (the secret ingredient!)
Gluten-Free Gifts – Muffin Basket or Gift Box
Gluten-Free Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day:
● Muffin Basket or Gift Box. This is a beautiful way to present your gluten-free friend with a basket full of their favorite muffins, or you can make the basket yourself. You can find the recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins here. If you want to give this as a gift, just wrap it up in pretty paper and tie it with some festive ribbons.
● Gluten-Free Bread Mixes. Bread mixes are great because they allow your friend to create fresh bread at home! They’re also healthier than store-bought gluten-containing loaves because they don’t contain preservatives, artificial flavors or colors and no high fructose corn syrup is added!
So, if you’re looking for gluten-free personal Valentine’s Day gift ideas, these ideas might give you some inspiration. And if you’re looking for easy, ready-to-go options, you can always shop brands like Hickory Farms who also offer specialty gluten-free gifts.