Best Reference books CBSE Class 10
Preparing for CBSE board examination requires a lot of dedication, devotion, sincerity and hard work. First of all, one should start with the NCERT books and mark all the important and main points. Once you have completed the NCERT Class 10 books, then you can proceed with the best reference books.
There are many reference books available in the market. Students should be wise in selecting the best reference books for CBSE class 10 board examination preparation.
The new CBSE examination pattern has been divided into two patterns, each term consists of 50 marks, where 40 marks will come from the written examination and 10 marks from the internal assessment.
- On October 18, 2021, CBSE issued the CBSE class 10 and class 12 date sheet for the main subjects.
- On October 21, 2021, CBSE issued the class 10th and class 12th date sheets for minor subjects.
Lakhs of students appear for the CBSE class 10 Term 1 board examinations. The CBSE Term 1 class 10 board examination is a milestone in a students’ life and plays a major role in their career path.
Each subject is important in itself. Board examination preparation requires total commitment. Students might be wondering how to prepare well for the examination. Well, there are some useful reference books for CBSE Term 1 class 10 board examination preparation that can be referred to.
What’s new in the CBSE class 10 syllabus?
- The CBSE academic session 2021-2022 has been divided into two terms. Each term consists of 50% of the syllabus.
- The CBSE will hold an examination at the end of each term based on the divided syllabus.
Best Reference Books for class 10 CBSE 2020-21 Science
The science subject for class 19 is divided into 3 divisions – Physics, Chemistry, Biology. The best reference books for class 10 CBSE Science are given below:
- Science for 10th class: Physics by Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur
- Principles of Physics S Chand books- N.K. Chowdhury
- Fundamentals of Physics – Pradeep Publication
For numerical physics, one can refer to ‘Mastering Numerical and Objectives in Physics Class 10 by Stalin Malhotra.
An overview of the book
This book is designed keeping in mind the CBSE syllabus. The main goal of the book is to improve the concepts and problem-solving skills of the students. This will hep the students to get good marks in all the examinations which will be held in descriptive and objective assessment format. This book is special because it includes 14 chapters and also covers key concepts and formulas with solved examples. Its aim is to develop a logical understanding and instill confidence in students. Each and every chapter has exercises asking questions like multiple choice, match the following, fill up the gaps, answer true and false along with hints and solutions.
Highlighters of the book
This book is not only useful for students of class 10, but also for those students who are preparing for competitive examinations, such as Physics Olympiads, NTSE, NDA, medical, and engineering competitive examinations.
- It is good for practice purposes because the book is designed based on the latest CBSE syllabus (descriptive and objective assessments).
- There are important concepts, solved numerical examples, and problems in each chapter.
- The book has short answer questions based on concepts.
- The book also has multiple-choice questions based on practical skills.
- Then there are chapter-wise tests to evaluate oneself.
- The book includes many questions which are based on Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS)
New to 2nd edition
- It has put more stress on objective-type questions which are based on the latest NCERT syllabus.
- There are also NCERT Exemplar questions along with solutions.
- There are common questions that are asked in various competitive examinations to build confidence among students.
- Then it has questions for practice purposes which are made on unseen passages and assertion-reasoning-based questions.
Thus, the above reference book is best for solving the physics numerical part in class 10.
Here are some general preparation tips for class 10 science physics:
- The questions which are mostly asked in physics are based on concepts and formulas. Hence, the students should be thorough with the formulas.
- Focus on topics such as Newton’s laws of motion and its applications. Some of the questions are asked from this topic.
- Keep practicing numerical on the series and parallel combination of resistances, and also problems on lens and mirror.
- Also practice diagrams like the human eye, prism, image formed by lenses and mirrors, AC and DC generator, electric circuit diagram, the magnetic field around a solenoid, and a bar magnet.
- Solve previous years’ question papers and sample papers.