How Do You Cook Potatoes?
Potatoes may be one of the most versatile foods on the planet. But,how to cook potatoes is the main question. You can cook potatoes in many different ways. They are cheap, delicious, nutritious, and easy to prepare. You can start cooking potatoes by roasting them in the oven. You can make soft potatoes by boiling them in salting them until they are tender. You can also fry the potatoes in a pan to make them crispy and brown.
Making Oven-Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C). Wash potatoes under cold water. Rinse them thoroughly.
- Slice the potatoes into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks. Use your knife to cut each half of each potato.
- Toss the potatoes in oil. Mix the oil with your seasonings. Add 1/ 4 cup (59ml) olive oil to the bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon (8g) of kosher salt and 1 teaspoon (2g) freshly ground Black Pepper to the potato mixture. Mix in additional seasonings if desired.
- Spread the potato slices on a sheet of parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes. Place the pieces of seasoned potatoes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 30 minutes and then flip them over. Let them roast in the oven without moving around on the pan.
- Continue baking the potatoes for about 15 to 30 minutes more. Roast the potatoes until they are completely tender.
- Roast the potatoes. Sprinkle fresh parsley on top. Take the baking sheet out of your oven.
Simple Boiled Potatoes
- Wash 1 pound (0.45kg), of potatoes and then use a scrub brush to gently remove any dirt.
- If you are mashing the potatoes, you can leave them whole or chop them into small pieces.
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan. Pour enough cold water over the potatoes so that they are covered by about 1 inch (2.5cm)
- Mix in 1 teaspoon (5.5g) salt. Turn the burner to high. Stir the salt into the water until it dissolves. Next, take the lid off the pot and turn on the burner to high. The water should boil until it is boiling.
- Let the potatoes simmer covered for about 15 to 25 minutes. When the water has boiled, reduce the flame to medium and let it bubble gently. Cook the potatoes until tender.
- Drain your potatoes in the sink. Wear oven mitts to keep the pot of potatoes from burning.
- To make mashed potatoes, boil the potatoes. To eat the potatoes as is, simply toss them with butter and salt.
Making Crispy Pan-Fried Potatoes
- Wash the potatoes in cold water and then dry them. Rinse the potatoes again. To get rid of dirt, scrub 5 to 6 medium-sized potatoes with cold water. Next, dry them thoroughly with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Keep the peels on if your preference is rustic potatoes.
3 Slice or shred the potatoes into small pieces. Shred the potatoes using a box grater.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet. Pour 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter (28 to 42 grams) into the skillet. Turn the heat to medium.
- Add potatoes to the skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Lay the potatoes on the bottom of your skillet.
- Cover your skillet with aluminum foil and cook the potato for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the lid from the skillet.
- Once the potatoes have softened, fry them covered in a skillet for 5-10 minutes. You can cook them until they are as crispy on the outside as possible. Next, turn off the flame and season the potatoes with more salt and black pepper.