Guide to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
When a user attempts to restore a backup of the company file, the infamous QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 occurs. The error appears out of nowhere with no prior warning and disrupts QuickBooks company file operations. Certain factors and technical flaws are to blame for QuickBooks Desktop error 6123, which can be easily resolved by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article. Identifying the error-causing causes can save you a lot of time, so we’ve also listed the most common causes of QuickBooks error messages 6123, 0. For complete troubleshooting instructions, read the entire tutorial.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123?
QuickBooks Error 6123 is a common error that occurs when you are trying to open a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. This error may appear if there is an issue with the network connection or if the company file is damaged.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6123
Here are some possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6123:
- Network connectivity issues: If the computer hosting the company file is not connected to the network, or if the network connection is unstable, you may see this error.
- Damaged company file: If the company file is damaged, QuickBooks wont open it and you may see this error.
- Incorrect folder permissions: If the folder where the company file is stored has incorrect permissions, you may see this error.
- Antivirus software: Some antivirus programs may block access to the company file, causing this error to occur.
Top Five Solutions for QuickBooks Connecting to Server Error: 6123,0
Step 1: Launch QuickBooks Desktop Update.
QuickBooks Desktop, if left out of date, not only attracts errors but also degrades performance. Keeping your QuickBooks up to date keeps it free of bugs and other issues that can degrade the end-user experience. For more information on updating QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version, see our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Most Recent Version. If installing the updates did not solve QuickBooks company file error 6123, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Step 2: Download and install QuickBooks Tools Hub.
As you may be aware, QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of various tools that can be used to correct almost every error that QuickBooks encounters. Quick Repair My Program is a tool designed specifically to refresh QuickBooks installation and re-register the installation files, which aids in the elimination of general company files and program errors such as error 6123. To run Quick Fix, follow the instructions below to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub. My Program Instrument:
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop by selecting Exit from the File menu. QuickBooks Desktop should be closed.
- Open the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe setup file that you downloaded from the download location.
- To finish the installation, follow the prompts on the installation wizard screen.
- On your desktop, double-click the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon.
- Click the Quick Fix my Program button from the Program Problems tab in the left pane.
- Close the tool and restart QuickBooks once the program has repaired the application.
- Take a backup of your company file and check to see if the problem has been resolved.
If QuickBooks Desktop error code 6123 persists, it indicates damage in the company file, which can be repaired by running QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor.
If you still can’t access the company file, the problem could be hidden deep within the QuickBooks Desktop installation. Such issues can only be resolved by installing a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop after removing all traces of the previous installation. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool can be used to completely reinstall QuickBooks.