In this post, we’re going to look at the best EMR to help healthcare professionals: Athena and Centricity. Both have been on the market for a lengthy time and have provided excellent service to their customers. The first is Athena which was founded in 1993 and was purchased by IBM in the year 2017. It is the leading supplier in electronic medical records (EMR) applications for clinics, hospitals, and doctor offices.
Athena EMR is a complete set of financial and clinical software that is tailored to meet the demands of any size or kind of business. The other is Centricity and was founded in the year 2003 by a group of Harvard Medical School and Partners Healthcare System. The company is a prestigious electronic medical records software company that helps doctors to concentrate on their patients.
What exactly is Athenahealth and what are its benefits?
AthenaHealth can be described as an electronic medical record software specifically designed specifically for clinics. The software was designed to serve as a single-stop solution for all operational needs of clinics as well as the following are some of its capabilities:
- Telehealth This function, AthenaHealth helps clinics deliver vital care to patients in a convenient manner.
- Electronic Health Records: This feature makes sure that clinics are well-organized with their patient information and utilize it when providing medical treatment.
- Medical Billing A: AthenaHealth features for medical billing enables clinics automatize claims as well as different billing procedures.
- Patient Engagement: AthenaHealth Patient Engagement feature helps clinics keep track regarding their visits to patients.
AthenaHealth is an online electronic health record and billing system that is suitable for clinics of different sizes. The software company was founded in 2019, and it is a merger of two companies–AthenaHealth, Inc. and Virence Health. AthenaHealth has offices in a variety of locations across the United States like Atlanta, Austin to cities in India.
Who is using Athenahealth?
Athenahealth is an health EMR solution that helps improve the medical control practices and improve the efficiency for the business. It comes with electronic health records practices management, practice management, and communication with patients and the ability to transmit orders. Athenahealth is located within Waterton, Mass and has been offering medical services since 1997.
Is it Easy to use?
Indeed, Athenahealth can be described as simple to use. The product is user-friendly and user-friendly.
Is Athenahealth cloud-based?
Yes, they provide cloud-based hosting, which means that IT resources are available by using web-based applications and tools and you don’t have to purchase servers or other hardware.
Is it possible to use it on mobile devices?
Yes, you can log into Athenahealth from your smartphone or mobile.
What are Athenahealth’s Pros?
- AthenaHealth software is organized system (EHR)
- The medical system also has an app for mobile devices
- The transition from an earlier EHR/EMR to AthenaHealth is easy.
- AthenaHealth is extremely simple to utilize.
- Customer service has been fantastic.
- It is equipped with a robust report module for reporting.
What are Athenahealth’s Cons?
- The software has to be enhanced in the way it manages the user’s roles
- It does not provide an opportunity to try it for free and also it does not offer a trial version for free.
- The support provided to customers for this medical EHR system doesn’t provide live chat for users.
- There isn’t any on-site training
- The system’s layout is a disaster.
The cost of licensing begins at $140 per month for a provider plus 4 to 7.7% if you need billing services in addition. The monthly price includes the basic add-on for athenaOne which is a platform that allows users to engage with their healthcare providers as well as revenue cycle management documentation management, and healthcare IT.
What is the total cost of the implementation? In addition to the cost of licensing that is simple to calculate you will need to include the cost of training, customized, migration of data, and other “hidden costs”.
What exactly is Centricity EMR and what are its capabilities?
Centricity EMR software is a product which is designed to aid medical practices manage patients’ providers and engagements. It comes with a variety of options including an on-line portal for patients that allows patients to communicate with their doctors online and look up their medical documents. The e-Prescribing module lets patients refill their prescriptions and receive prescriptions receipts.
It also provides a high-quality health dashboard that allows doctors to evaluate their care against industry standards. Other essential features include HIPAA complaints and claims management, inventory management, among others. Centricity is part of Virence Inc., which is located within the United States.
Who is using Centricity EMR?
The clients of the software are medical practices and hospitals of different sizes. The major areas of the medical industry which it can be used include dermatology, ambulatory treatment and cardiology general surgery and medical and internal diseases and more. Some notable customers of the software are MedStar Health, Bay Area Heart Center along with Village Health Partners etc.
Is it Easy to use?
It is true, Centricity EMR makes it quite simple to use. The product is user-friendly and user-friendly.
Are Centricity Cloud-based EMR?
Yes, they provide cloud-based hosting. This means that IT resources are available by using web-based applications and tools and you don’t have to purchase servers or other hardware.
Can it be used on mobile devices?
Yes you can log into Centricity EMR via your mobile or smartphone.
What are Centricity EMR’s Pros?
- The system’s functionality is exceptional.
- The software is simple to install
- The customer support is fast and efficient.
What are Centricity EMR’s Cons?
- The system is plagued with bugs.
- The vast majority of the new features that are added to the system require third-party software
Centricity EMR’s Pricing
The Centricity EMR costs more than industry standard. In comparing Centricity EMR against other competitors on a scale of 1-10 (10 is most costly to set up), Centricity EMR is scored 9.8. They provide a few plans that are flexible for their clients.
Read more interesting articles at googdesk